Our family eats a lot of meatless meals. We go many nights eating dinners packed full of vegetables. While I typically don’t have any problems finding alternate forms of protein for my husband & myself, I struggle at times to make sure my daughter is getting plenty of proteins. She’s 3 so pretty much if it’s not a chicken nugget or a grilled cheese sandwich, she wants nothing to do with it.
One of the ways though that I am able to get her some extra protein is with yogurt. I try to sneak yogurt in as much as I can, especially Greek yogurt. Which is exactly what I did with these Banana Mango Frozen Yogurt Pops. Made simply with vanilla Greek yogurt & fruit, they are a super healthy treat for the kiddo! And what kids going to turn down something you may or may not have told them was ‘ice cream’ 😉
The great thing about these yogurt pops is they are 100% customizable! Use any combination of fruits that you or your kids like. Because you don’t have to make them just for the kids! Parents deserve a guilt free sweet treat too!!
- 1 container (6 ounces) vanilla greek yogurt
- ½ of a ripe banana
- ½ cup mango chunks (if using frozen, thaw first)
- Puree the banana & mango together.
- Add a spoonful of the pureed fruit to the bottom of each popsicle mold.
- Mix the remaining pureed fruit with the greek yogurt.
- Fill the popsicle molds to the top with the yogurt.
- Freeze until ready to serve (about 4-6 hours)
This post was written by Jamie, the blogger behind Mom’s Test Kitchen. She helps busy moms answer the toughest question for their families could ask: “What the ‘forks’ for dinner?” On the rare occasion I find some spare time, you’ll find her enjoying a movie night with her husband or making a mess in the kitchen! Visit her blog today.