So my wife cooked dinner and had me take pictures of this WITHOUT telling me what it was. I was a little skeptical but went ahead and complied like a good husband. I took a few bites and it’s smooth consistency was appealing. I took another few bites and was sold. Then I asked what it was and she said, ‘Oh it’s just cauliflower.’ I replied, ‘HUH? Cauliflower pudding?’ She explained that is was actually a cauliflower puree recipe and how it’s a much healthier alternative to mashed potatoes.
Now, I have never been one to like Cauliflower all that much. But I have been trying to incorporate veggies everywhere! So my wife thought it would researched all the different ways to prepare it and this recipe is what she came up with.
Now to warn you, this cauliflower puree recipe makes A LOT! So you will get quite a few servings out of it. This was a delicious treat at dinner, definitely a change from high calorie mashed potatoes. If you are a little timid and don’t want to try this recipe with only cauliflower, than add some potatoes to it. It acts as a filler and you use less of the higher calorie potato and more of the lower cal cauliflower and you get a pretty tasty mixture. I will be trying it out soon! Hope you enjoy this mashed potatoes alternative!
- 2 heads of Cauliflower
- 2-3 tbs of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of Asiago cheese
- 1 box of low sodium chicken broth
- Put diced up cauliflower, stems too if you want into a big pot.
- Pour chicken broth over and boil until tender and most of liquid is gone.
- Place cauliflower in food processor or blender and puree with the olive oil add in
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour purée into a serving bowl and stir in asiago cheese. This nice little addition really sets the dish off!