This post has been compensated by PERDUE®. All opinions, photos and recipes are mine alone. PERDUE® imagery used with permission #Sponsored #PerfectPortions
I adore enchiladas! So much so that it’s the meal I request my mother-in-law to make me every year for my birthday! I just love the cheesy gooeyness, but I think what makes them is the green enchilada tomatillo sauce that is used in this version. I don’t think I have ever had enchiladas before my mother-in-law introduced them to me. She is from California originally, so many of the dishes she makes take on a Mexican flare, and boy oh boy I had one taste of her enchiladas and I was hooked!
So I decided to try and duplicate the recipe, but being the spur-of-the moment decision it was I only had Perdue Perfect Portions Chicken thighs and not the breast. But I thought I would try it and probably the thighs would just add more flavor! Nothing could be wrong with that right?
So I cooked the chicken off, mixed all the ingredients together, and gave the mixture a taste…..and man was I blown away. The chicken thighs enhanced the taste of the enchiladas so much, that I will only use Perdue Perfect Portions Chicken thighs from now on! I also immediately called up my mother-in-law who is a fellow chicken thigh lover and told her that the next time she made them, she had to try and make them with chicken thighs! Amazing!
- 1 pkg of Perdue Perfect Portions Chicken Thighs
- 1 pkg of cream cheese
- ½ onion chopped
- ½ cup of cheddar
- ½ cup of jack cheese
- 4oz can of black olives
- 4oz can of chopped green chiles
- 10-12 corn tortillas
- 1 large jar of green chile enchilada sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken in a sauté pan and cook through.
- Allow chicken to cool slightly and chop into chunks.
- In a bowl mix the chicken, cream cheese, onion, black olives, green chiles and half of the cheese, and combine.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish and take one corn tortilla and fill it with the mixture, rolling and putting seam side down.
- Repeat until all mixture is used.
- Then top with green chili sauce.
- Place in the oven covered with foil 30-45 minutes or until sauce bubbles, then remove foil and top with remaining cheese.
- Place it back in the oven and allow cheese to melt.
I’d encourage you to connect with Perdue Chicken on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest PLUS make sure to sign up for the Perdue Crew which provides you with EXCLUSIVE access to coupons, deals and recipes! You can learn more about PERFECT PORTIONS here. Coming soon you will be able to download the eBook containing all 30 recipes for easy viewing on your computer, tablet or phone!