Pizza night….I generally crave and do pizza night once or twice a month. There are so many different kinds of pizzas out there to be made and eaten. Pleasing everyone is sometimes impossible. Some like it plain, just cheese, others want the works, trust me I can relate, I’ve got a husband and four year old! One of the ways that you can achieve a perfect pizza night is make customized calzones, instead of pizzas and every stuffs whatever they want inside! No more complaining!
This particular evening, I had some Perdue Perfect Portion Chicken Thighs and some pizza dough I had purchased at the store. First, let me tell you store bought pizza dough is a wonderful thing! It will truly save you time and effort and allow you to pull dinner or lunch together in a flash! Being a busy mom, it’s saved me more than a time or two. Combined with the Perdue Perfect Portions that cook in less than 10 minutes usually, I’m set!
I lay out the ingredients for everyone to put whatever they want inside. I knew that I had cream cheese, mozzarella, jalapeno and some left over ranch seasoning. I had a little bit of ‘red sauce’ as my daughter calls it but I didn’t add any to mine! Hannah and Nathan are on their own because I really wanted a nice spicy calzone tonight! After it came out of the oven I could hardly wait to try it. Hannah of course wanted to help because she made her own. She insisted on getting in the pictures and ‘protecting her calzone’ to cute!! The calzone had crispy bread, was cheesy on the inside and had a great kick. The chicken thighs were a perfect lean protein for this meal. Trust me you will LOVE it! Throw in a little ‘red’ marinara sauce that’s it’s perfect dipping and you’re set.
I’d encourage you to connect with Perdue Chicken on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest PLUS make sure to sign up for the Perdue Crew which provides you with EXCLUSIVE access to coupons, deals and recipes! You can learn more about PERFECT PORTIONS here. Coming soon you will be able to download the eBook containing all 30 recipes for easy viewing on your computer, tablet or phone!
- 1 package of store bought pizza dough
- 1 package of Perdue Perfect Portions Chicken Thighs
- 2 oz of Mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 1 roasted jalapeño
- 2tbs of ranch mix
- 2 tbs of favorite ranch sauce
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp of Olive oil
- In a 400 degree oven place chicken with oil, and ranch spice mix and desired amount of salt, and roast until chicken is done.
- In a separate smaller pan place the jalapeno and allow it to roast along side the chicken.
- The jalapeno will be done before chicken remove from oven place in a bowl and cover to allow skin to steam off.
- Once skin is removed you can chop and deseed if you wish, I did not, we like it spicy!
- Cook the chicken for about 30-35 minutes, or until done and then chop into cubes or slices.
- In a mixing bowl combine chicken, chopped jalapeno, cream cheese, and thoroughly combine. Divide dough ball into for equal portions.
- Stretch the dough sections into desired sections.
- Place ranch sauce on bottom of each sections and then divide the chicken mixture between each of the sections.
- Fold over, and press with a fork to seal.
- I sprayed a little non-stick spray on top of the pizza rolls or calzones.
- Place them back in the 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.