This post has been compensated by PERDUE®. All opinions, photos and recipes are mine alone. PERDUE® imagery used with permission #Sponsored #PerfectPortions
Nathan and I have been doing crossfit. We are really trying to get ourselves, our family living a healthier lifestyle. With working out comes the need to eat more protein, and a few less carbs. Hmmmm, how do we ever live without our beloved pizza?
Pizza is a staple in his house, there I said it, confession time, we usually eat it once a week. Love, love love pizza, probably would rather have pizza than any other meal ever! But seriously when you are trying to limit carbs and add in protein, how do you fit in your pizza fix? Well I think I have found the solution.
Using chicken as the crust. Now just hear me out. If you pound the chicken thin enough and pop it into a hot oven and let it crisp up, your are going to have one delectable crust on your hands!
You can choose to dress your pizza however you choose, with your own fave toppings, it was hit here, we loved, I will definitely be keeping this recipe around.
I’d encourage you to connect with Perdue Chicken on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest PLUS make sure to sign up for the Perdue Crew which provides you with EXCLUSIVE access to coupons, deals and recipes! You can learn more about PERFECT PORTIONS here. Coming soon you will be able to download the eBook containing all 30 recipes for easy viewing on your computer, tablet or phone!
- 1 package of Perdue Perfect portion chicken thighs
- 1 jar of your fave marinara sauce
- 1 package of turkey pepperonis
- 1 red, orange, yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- ½ cup of mozzarella cheese per pizza
- 2 tsp. of oregano
- 2 tsp. of basil
- 1 tsp. of thyme
- 2 tsp. of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In between plastic wrap, or parchment paper, place two chicken thighs and pound thinly and together.
- Place chicken on a well sprayed cookie sheet.
- Season with spices and place in the oven and cook until completely done and crispy, this was about 15-20 minutes.
- Check to make sure chicken is completely done, if not cook for an additional 5 minutes or until done.
- Once chicken is cooked, build just like you would a pizza, adding in all your fave toppings and additons. Return to oven just long enough to melt the cheese.