I love chocolate cupcakes. Yes, I’ll admit it. So in our Monday night small group one of the members brought these for dessert and I’ll just admit, I had two. These are the type of chocolate cupcakes that your mama made. Melt in your mouth amazing, from scratch deliciousness. You bite into the cake and you just find your happy place and chew. The chocolate cupcake recipe is pretty basic. You start with a devils food cake mix, you add pudding mix, sour cream, water, oil, eggs and some frosting and wow you’ve got yourself a cupcake to die for!
The frosting is literally incredible. Butter, cream cheese, salted caramel and powdered sugar. Yes, yes I want another bite! These cupcakes literally melted in my mouth. The flavors married beautifully and with the added caramel drizzle and mini snickers bar I was a very happy camper. Our entire small group LOVED these!
Just look at the pictures, truly what’s not to love. If you try these, let me know how they come out!! Thanks to my small group member for bringing these to gathering and I look forward to many more yummy creations!
- 1 18 oz package devil's food cake mix
- 1 4 oz box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 sticks of salted butter
- 1 package (8oz) of cream cheese
- ½ cup caramel topping (store brand)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- sea salt to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, water, oil, and eggs
- Bake for about 17-20 minutes (or 30 minutes if you are doing a cake)
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Frost your cupcakes!
- Combine the butter and cream cheese. It is best if both of these are room temperature.
- Add the store bought caramel topping.
- Combine throughly
- Slowly add the powdered sugar, and beat for a few minutes until really light and fluffy.