Whoppers are delicious right. I often will grind them up in a food processor and put them in a malt or shake just to get that classic flavor. Cupcakes deserve a good frosting….always. So when we made a delicious dark chocolate cupcake, I wanted to step up the frosting a notch. Today, I’m making a Whoppers buttercream frosting.
The first step in this recipe is simple, put 1 cup of Whoppers into a food processor and puree them into a fine powder. The finer the better; if the mixture is chunky, it will cause issues when you are trying to pipe them onto the cupcakes. Then make your classic buttercream recipe. Adding the Whopper mixture your butter cream frosting will immediately take on the color and feel in the pictures.
I saved a few Whoppers to garnish the cupcakes. My daughter thought they were super cute and couldn’t wait to share them with her little friends. If you are looking for a buttercream frosting recipe that is delicious and has those classic malt flavors, try this recipe. We loved it!
- 1 cup of whoppers (put through a food processor)
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 tbsp of milk
- Whoppers for garnish
- Puree the whoppers, set aside
- Mix butter, milk and powder sugar together with a upright, stand or hand mixer
- Once throughly combined, added Whopper puree.
- If consistency is off, add sugar under desired stiffness is achieved.