I have to admit that we are Cilantro crazy around here. We love it! My family enjoys southwestern flavors! Two flavor profiles that work really well together are cilantro and lime, and mix that with chicken and you have a wonderful dinner on your hands!
I decided to mix these flavors together in a light wrap. I made a cilantro lime dressing and added it to some delicious Mesquite Chicken Breasts from Perdue Perfect Portions. The chicken cooks so fast and with little prep this dinner comes together quickly, just the way I like it!
The rest of the wrap has coleslaw that is also just lightly prepared and combined with the chicken and sauce was a DELICIOUS combination! You could always trade out lettuce for slaw if you want and if don’t like avocado, that’s fine leave it out. Add whatever else you’d like inside the wrap, it’s very customizable, we added a few tomatoes to ours and loved it! The sky is the limit. Enjoy!
- 1 bag of boneless skinless Mesquite Perdue Perfect Portions Chicken Breast
- 2 tsp of choice of oil
- ⅔ cup of Greek yogurt
- ⅔ cup of sour cream
- ¼ cup of cilantro chopped plus extra for topping
- 1 bag of prepared or chopped coleslaw (no sauce)
- Salt to taste
- Pinch if red pepper flakes
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 5 wraps (we used garden wraps and tomato wraps)
- ½ avocado per person
- Place chicken in pan with 2 tsp of coconut oil. (other types of oil is also fine)
- Cook until breast are cooked through, should take about 10 minutes
- In a separate bowl mix together Greek yogurt, sour cream, cilantro, salt, lime juice, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes to make the sauce/dressing
- When chicken is done, slice into strips and use one piece of chicken per tortilla, add desired amount of coleslaw to tortilla, and then topping with sauce.
I’d encourage you to connect with Perdue Chicken on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest PLUS make sure to sign up for the Perdue Crew which provides you with EXCLUSIVE access to coupons, deals and recipes! You can learn more about PERFECT PORTIONS here. Coming soon you will be able to download the eBook containing all 30 recipes for easy viewing on your computer, tablet or phone!