This is a simple cupcake recipe that is a semi-homemade. It isn’t from scratch, because while I would love to have the time and ingredients to do it, my 60 hour work week isn’t conducive to ‘wants’!! My wife calls my sweet cravings indulgences, I call them requirements!! This coconut cupcake is a simple yellow cake mix box that is ‘spiced up’ to make it truly delicious!
Purity Organic sent me a message on Instagram and after looking into their products I was impressed. We LOVE coconut water and anything natural and organic, it just seems to taste better. So they sent me a case of their awesome juices (thank you purity!!) and we decided to make a simple recipe with their organic coconut water.
The recipe calls for a regular box of yellow (or white) cake mix, an egg, a cup of purity organic coconut water, 1 cup of sweetened coconut flakes and a third of a cup of oil. Mix all of the ingredients together and voila, you have a deliciously flavored coconut cupcake!! But we didn’t stop there! We grabbed some Silk Coconut Milk and after the cupcakes came out of the oven we pushed little holes into the tops of the cupcakes and drizzled the coconut milk over them to really moisten the cupcakes. Ummm….can you say AWESOME!!
Replacing the tap water with organic coconut water really makes a difference. It’s subtle, but it tastes delicious! We toasted a few of the sweetened coconuts and added them to the top along with some homemade icing and we have an irresistible coconut cupcake.
Make sure to check out Purity Organic products in Safeway and affiliate stores nationwide! They have a variety of different organic juices (the orange juice was amazing) and their new coconut waters! Check them out on their website or in Safeway!
- 1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of Purity Organic Coconut Water
- 1 cup of sweetened coconut flakes
- ⅓ of a cup of oil
- ½ cup of Coconut Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the cake mix, egg, coconut water, oil and coconut flakes.
- Add to cupcake or muffin tin
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until completely baked through
- Once cooled, push holes into the top of the cupcakes and then slowly pour coconut milk over the cupcakes (optional)
- Toast the coconut flakes for 5 minutes, and then add icing and coconut flakes and you're set.