One of my favorite items to get at the Mexican restaurant is a tostada. I love the mixture of the crispiness and other items on top of it. Well being frugal we can’t always go out and eat at the restaurant every day or as often as we may like to. So one of my objectives is to recreate some of our favorite restaurant dishes at home.
The more I use the Perdue Perfect Portions Mesquite Chicken Breast, the more I love them! SERIOUSLY!! I can easily create a dinner for four with the perfect amount of protein for everyone very FAST! So I decided to put my own spin on a chicken tostada. I made my own BBQ sauce and made a BBQ Chicken tostada.
Making a tortilla crispy is simple, just place in the oven and cook it until you have achieved desired crispiness. I piled it high with refried beans, cilantro, avocado, and ½ cup of rice and fresh veggies. Then drizzle with the homemade (or store bought) BBQ sauce it was amazing and really changed up our family dinner routine!
- 12 oz of ketchup
- ¼ cup of light soy sauce
- ¼ of brown sugar
- 2 tbs of mustard
- 2 tsp of hot sauce
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1 package of Perdue Perfect Portions Mesquite Chicken Breast
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup of cilantro
- 2 cups of prepared rice
- Non stick spray
- Combine all ingredients and let simmer for 5-10 minutes until the are thoroughly combined.
- In a pan cook mesquite chicken in 2 tsp of oil or ½ cup of chicken broth.
- Once done chop chicken into chunks.
- While chicken cooks place flour tortillas on a cookie sheet and spray both sides.
- Cook in a 400 degree oven for 5-10 minutes or until crispy and slightly golden brown.
- When tortillas are done, put ¼ cup of beans and spread it on the tostada.
- Top with rice, chicken, bbq sauce, avocado, cilantro and cheese.
I’d encourage you to connect with Perdue Chicken on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest PLUS make sure to sign up for the Perdue Crew which provides you with EXCLUSIVE access to coupons, deals and recipes! You can learn more about PERFECT PORTIONS here. Coming soon you will be able to download the eBook containing all 30 recipes for easy viewing on your computer, tablet or phone!