Easy Crockpot Cornbread
Easy Peasy Crock pot corn bread that is a perfect pair with any soup or beans!
Author: Lacy Engels
Recipe type: Side
- 1½ cups of Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Corn Meal Mix
- 1 cup of Corn meal
- 1-1½ cups of low fat buttermilk
- 1 bag of frozen corn
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of egg whites
- 2 tsp of garlic
- Place Corn Meal mix and corn meal into a mixing bowl
- Add in buttermilk, egg, and egg whites
- Mix throughly
- Add in frozen corn, garlic, and cheese
- Spray crock with non stick spray
- Put mixture in crock and place on high for 2-3 hrs or until brown.
This is a delicious classic cornbread recipe that is baked in a crockpot! Did you know you can bake bread in a slow cooker, if not, you should absolutely try it. This cornbread recipe is simple and delicious. Slow cookers are amazing tools, especially for hot summer days! Here are the ingredients for this corn bread recipe.
Note this was made in our mini 2.5 quart crock. It would work fine in a larger crock probably up to around 4-5 quarts, it will simply be thinner!