Gluten Free Beef & Cheddar Rice Casserole
- 2 tbsp gluten free oat flour
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1½ cup of milk
- 2 cups of gluten free cheddar cheese
- 3 cups of cooked rice
- 1lb of sausage
- 1 medium onion
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced
- Make your roux by letting butter melt, then mixing in oat flour. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Whisk in milk. Stir continually and bring to a boil. The mixture will slowly thicken.
- Stir in shredded cheese.
- Set pan aside.
- Next brown your sausage. Once browned, add your onions and tomatoes.
- Combine both pans and let simmer.
- Now prepare 3 cups of cooked rice.
- Mix together and bake for 10-15 minutes at 400F. The mixture should be bubbly.