Okay, so this may sound like a weird combination but let me assure you I haven’t lost my marbles. I was in the mood to make something different. You know, one of those days that you just don’t want something you’ve had over and over? Hannah had been begging me to make ‘cupcakes’ so I thought, instead of cupcakes, lets make muffins. I had a box of Jiffy in the pantry so I grabbed it and poured it into the bowl. Hannah, my 2 year old then dutifully pushes over a kitchen chair so she can help.
She insists that any baking involves her mad mixing skills. I cracked on egg and then added some Wholly Guacamole (about 2-3 ounces). Now for those that don’t have access to Wholly Guacamole, you can simple add one mashed up avocado. I love Wholly Guacamole simply because it’s easy and often times cheaper than a regular avocado with coupons. It’s also completely natural!!
The batter tasted delicious!!! It turned a yellowish-green and Hannah helped mixed and then jumped down to get the cupcake pan. We baked them for about 6-7 minutes, and I double checked them with a knife, making sure it came out clean. The ‘icing’ if you can call it that is simply two ingredients: light cream cheese and mashed up Wholly Guacamole. I beat it using a mixer for about 2-3 minutes and then put it into a piping bag to make it look pretty. My little one demands her cupcakes to look a certain way. That way we can have tea time. Spoiled much? Nah!
Simple and delicious this will really liven up a boring corn muffin. I strongly recommend it!
- 1 Box of Jiffy Corn Meal
- 1 Egg
- 2-3 Ounces of Wholly Guacamole (or 1 Avocado)
- 1 Oz of Wholly Guacamole
- 1 Oz of Light Cream Cheese
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. Use a knife to test the centers, they are finished when it comes out clean
- The icing is relatively easy and optional. I used light cream cheese and avocado. Combine them both into a mixing bowl, and whip using a mixer for a few minutes until smooth.