Many bloggers and companies want to know if they can use my images. This page is meant to describe WannaBite’s Image and Photo Policy. Please email me with questions or concerns. For the most part my images are free to be used by bloggers and some companies with certain conditions. Please read the sections below to see what is needed.
What you can do:
- Bloggers can take any photo (taken by me, which accounts for 95% of all images on WannaBite.com) and use them on their blog as long as a link back to the post appears on the page in the form of credit.
- “Roundup posts” are absolutely okay as long as a link is provided.
- We follow the non-commercial clause on WannaBite. You may copy, distribute and display my photos, but they must be used for non-commercial purposes. (Individual bloggers with ads are specifically excluded and may use the images on their blogs)
- We prefer when you use an image to link the recipe/project name back to page you found it and not the blog name.
What you CAN’T do:
- You may NOT post the photo AND full recipe/project together.
- You may NOT use of my photos in advertising or ads (digital or print) without my permission.
- Companies many NOT use my content without first asking me. Please use the contact page.
- You can’t use a photo WITHOUT adding a link for credit. Credit alone is NOT enough; a link MUST accompany the credit byline.
- You may NOT alter a photo in any way, other than cropping.
- If a watermark appears, malicious cropping or editing it out it specifically prohibited.
- You may NOT publish any photo in a print publication without expressed permission.
Please refer any questions to email@example.com or the contact page.