I generally do not mix sweet and salty together for main dishes, but I had some mangoes that were ripe and either needed to used or eaten. So I decided to make chicken salad again, and this time I was going to really change it up.
We all really like slightly spicy foods, so I thought why not add a little chili spice to the mango and balance out some of the sweetness and allow it to marinate. I used my traditional chicken salad recipe but I decided to add some ancho chili powder to really kick it up a notch. The longer you let this sit the better it will be!
Now the test for me is will my Mother eat it? How will it match up to her tastebuds since she is the creator of the famous Chicken salad I like? She was visiting and I decided to make this for her and get her thoughts. Guess what she was skeptical at first but she loved it! I am sure you will too!
I’d encourage you to connect with Perdue Chicken on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest PLUS make sure to sign up for the Perdue Crew which provides you with EXCLUSIVE access to coupons, deals and recipes! You can learn more about PERFECT PORTIONS here. Coming soon you will be able to download the eBook containing all 30 recipes for easy viewing on your computer, tablet or phone!
- 1 package of Perdue Perfect Portions Mesquite Chicken Breast
- ½ cup of plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup of light mayo
- 1 tbs of whole grain mustard
- 1 tbs of honey mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of chicken broth
- ½ tsp of chili powder
- 1 mango diced
- In a sauté pan with the chicken broth cook all chicken breast until completely cooked.
- When cooled chop up chicken and add all ingredients in except for mango.
- Gently mix together until all ingredients combined.
- Take mango and mix it with the chili powder add the mango divided evenly among the sandwiches and enjoy!