We all know that one of the best protein sources out there to eat is boneless, skinless chicken breast. But it really can get boring after a while, and the need to spice and change it up is an absolute must! I love Perdue Perfect Portions Mesquite chicken breast.
The seasoning is already in the chicken, and it comes in perfect 4oz sizes so there really is no muss or fuss for me.
Today I decided to add in a Mango salsa or relish on top to make it really something special. I also wanted to add an extra layer of flavor by cooking the chicken breast on a grill. I truly love to grill, there is nothing better than food that comes off the grill! With the addition of the mango relish I knew this dish would be delish!
I’d encourage you to connect with Perdue Chicken on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest PLUS make sure to sign up for the Perdue Crew which provides you with EXCLUSIVE access to coupons, deals and recipes! You can learn more about PERFECT PORTIONS here. Coming soon you will be able to download the eBook containing all 30 recipes for easy viewing on your computer, tablet or phone!
- 1 mango
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 english cucumber
- ½ large onion
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ bunch of cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package of Perdue Perfect Portions Mesquite Chicken Breast
- hours before you are going to eat. Make the relish.
- Cut the cheeks off the mango.
- Then very carefully with a knife score the inside of the mango cheeks so that it is in small dices. Take a spoon and scoop out the dices and place into a mixing bowl.
- Finely chop the jalapeno, (remove seeds if you want or leave seeds and ribs for extra spice), onion and cilantro, chop the cucumber and red bell peppe.
- Place into the bowl and add in the lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Place in the fridge to sit for 1-2 hours.
- Next Fire up your grill and place the chicken breast on there and cook completely, about 15-20 minutes turning once.