This post has been compensated by PERDUE®. All opinions, photos and recipes are mine alone. PERDUE® imagery used with permission #Sponsored #PerfectPortions
As parents of a four year old, we make a lot of grilled cheeses. Now I try my best to introduce Hannah to different kinds of foods and that includes different types of cheeses. She is an Engels, we Engels tend to love cheese! So, when I wanted to make a “grown up” version of grilled cheese that would satisfy the adults, but my daughter’s love of grilled cheese as well, I decided to add in some mesquite flavored chicken with some smoky cheeses that made this sandwich absolutely to die for!
I cooked the chicken until all the pink was gone, and you can either chunk it up or you can leave it whole. Choose your favorite bread and even your favorite cheeses, you can use the ones I used or change them. That is the great thing about grilled cheese; you can change it and make it your own. After cooking them I sliced them into classic wedges, and they were awesome! The chicken added a great savory flavor complimentary to the smoky cheeses I used. You would swear there was bacon! I hope you enjoy these grilled cheeses!
- 1 piece of Perdue Perfect Portions Mesquite Chicken Breast
- ½ oz to an ounce of 3 cheeses
- Smoked Gouda
- White cheddar
- ½ tbs of butter softened per each sand which
- 1 red pepper ring per sandwich
- Cook mesquite chicken in 2 tsp of oil or in ½ cup of chicken broth until all pink is gone.
- I used three different cheeses to assemble this sandwich.
- But you can use these 3 cheeses I have chosen here, or if there is another combination that you like, do that one, its really according to your own specific taste.
- I used an ounce of each cheese, and buttered the top and bottom of the bread with a little bit of softened butter.
- In the middle I layered two cheeses, then placed the chicken and red pepper ring and then topped with third remaining cheese.
- I placed the sandwiches on a cookie sheet with parchment paper under them and on top of them. I then put a weighted heavy on top of the sandwiches to help them stay together.
- I baked them at 425 for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and all melty.
I’d encourage you to connect with Perdue Chicken on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest PLUS make sure to sign up for the Perdue Crew which provides you with EXCLUSIVE access to coupons, deals and recipes! You can learn more about PERFECT PORTIONS here. Coming soon you will be able to download the eBook containing all 30 recipes for easy viewing on your computer, tablet or phone!