My husband is only good at making a few things. Chicken alfredo from a bottle and chicken quesadillas. I had some leftover homemade BBQ sauce and so when he called me up on the way home and asked if he could make dinner I said why yes of course! I love to cook, but I love it more when someone else does all the work!
Nathan used to cook a lot more than he does now, I guess maybe pre-kids I took that for granted. But being a SAHM I feel like I make endless meals a day. So when my hubs decides to come home and give me a break from that, I hop on that train quick fast and in a hurry.
Over the years he has tweaked and changed his quesadilla recipe, and when he found Perdue Perfect Portions Mesquite Chicken breast he has pretty much solidified his recipe. He loves using the perfect portions to keep our portions in check and the already built in spices make his quesadillas delectable!
- 4 Perdue Perfect Portions Mesquite Chicken Breast
- 4 Taco shells, burrito size
- ½ of each red, yellow, orange bell pepper sliced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbs or more per quesadilla of bbq sauce either homemade or fave brand
- 1 cup of corn (canned or thawed)
- 8 thinly sliced smoked gouda
- ½ bunch of cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- ½ cup of refried beans
- 1 cup of rice cooked
- non stick spray
- Cook chicken breast in a non-stick sauté pan until thoroughly cooked.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In one taco shell add ¼ of the refried beans, then rice and slice chicken add on top.
- Top with peppers, desired corn amount, cilantro and lime juice.
- Add on top the bbq sauce and then smoked gouda. Fold over and repeat with subsequent tortilla shells.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes, checking often cooking just until cheese has melted.
I’d encourage you to connect with Perdue Chicken on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest PLUS make sure to sign up for the Perdue Crew which provides you with EXCLUSIVE access to coupons, deals and recipes! You can learn more about PERFECT PORTIONS here. Coming soon you will be able to download the eBook containing all 30 recipes for easy viewing on your computer, tablet or phone!