I really like meals that come together oh so quickly. I am constantly searching for healthy meals that come together easily and that don’t take a lot of time to prepare. Like any other family we get into ruts. Having the same thing over and over. I don’t like doing that, and almost always I get complaints eventually. So, I decide why not try a Taco Salad.
Taco Salad just like most other salads can be as healthy as you make them or as not healthy as you make them. I wanted ingredients that gave a balance of protein, carbs and healthy fats with a compliment of veggie and herbs. Well this Chicken Taco salad really fits the bill here.
It really is like a fiesta of Mexican flavors in your mouth! You can change up whatever ingredients you like or don’t like, It really is about your personal preference here. I made my own taco shells but you can buy pre made ones if you like. I am not a huge lettuce fan, so I used shredded cabbage instead.
- 1 package of Perdue Perfect Portion Mesquite chicken
- 1 package of salad mix or coleslaw mix
- 1 cup of cilantro
- 2 cups of prepared rice
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 2 tsp of oil
- Cook Perdue perfect portions chicken breast in 2 tsp of oil.
- Meanwhile place tortillas inside a taco shell maker or on top of an upside down oven safe bowl. (We found taco shell makers at Walmart for $8)
- Heat oven to 375 and allow shells to cook until crispy.
- When chicken is done, chop and set aside.
- Build salad with desired ingredients and top with favorite dressing choice.
I’d encourage you to connect with Perdue Chicken on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest PLUS make sure to sign up for the Perdue Crew which provides you with EXCLUSIVE access to coupons, deals and recipes! You can learn more about PERFECT PORTIONS here. Coming soon you will be able to download the eBook containing all 30 recipes for easy viewing on your computer, tablet or phone!