We love cornbread in my house. Hannah, my four year old calls it ‘corn cake.’ Today we decided to do something a little different, and it turned out the best the absolute BEST Mexican cornbread recipe I’d ever tasted. It’s super simple and easy with a good kick that hits you at the end. It also goes really well with pretty much any chicken dish.
When we started taking pictures of food, I never thought I’d build a ‘studio’ but that’s exactly what’s happened to a corner of my garage. Hannah and I have lots of fun taking photos. she’s daddy’s little helper and loves to help ‘decorate’ and make the food and photos pretty. She also loves to be IN the photos LOL. I purposefully didn’t add legs to the farm house table I built so she could help. Lacy and I believe that food brings us together. Whether it’s around our kitchen table upstairs, or a fake one in the basement, it’s part of our family.
As I said before, Hannah loves to be in photos. Anyone with children knows that they grow so fast. A few days ago I was going through my iPhone and saw Hannah as a newborn, now in preschool, she is a beautiful little girl. She LOVES being photographed, she’s figured out how to use the front facing camera on the iPhone and I’m glad I’ve got 32 gigs of space! It amazing how fast she is learning, soon she’ll want a camera of her own. This corn bread is truly delicious. It’s easy to make and while it may be a little spicy for a toddlers taste, Hannah loved it!
Let me know how it turns out for you!
- 2 cups of Aunt Jemima Cornbread mix
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 bag steam-able bag corn
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 cups of cheese (your choice)
- ¼ cup of oil
- 2 eggs
- Roughly chop the jalapenos and set aside.
- Into a large mixing bowl add the cornbread mix, milk, oil and eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Next add the cheese and combine
- Next add the jalapenos and corn.
- Once all ingredients are combined place in a cake pan (round or square) and bake on 400F for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean