With summer approaching who wants to turn the oven on to bake a cheesecake? This easily constructed nutella no-bake cheesecake will fill the desert void without heating up your house!
Since there is no baking involved construction options abound: from elegant single-serving portions built in a ring mold, to a family pleasing casserole sized option.
The crunchy Oreo cookie base works wonderfully with the Nutella filling, a chocolate base with a hazel nut and cocoa filling… whats not to love? Mixing the Nutella with the whipped topping yields a smooth and creamy middle that rivals the smoothest oven-baked cheesecakes.
Paired with some whipped cream for an additional topping, and a quick drizzle of syrup and you have a winning summer desert for the whole family!
- 12 Oreo Cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (Low fat)
- ⅔ cup Nutella
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed (Low fat)
- whipped topping, optional
- chocolate shavings, optional
- toasted, chopped hazelnuts, optional
- In a medium bowl, stir together the Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter. Evenly divide the crumbs between your individual serving dishes and/or 8 inch springform pan press into the bottoms of the dishes to form a crust layer.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and Nutella until smooth. Add vanilla, nutmeg and mix to combine. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping until well blended and no streaks remain.
- Evenly pipe or spoon the filling into individual serving dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- If desired, garnish with additional whipped topping, chocolate shavings, and/or toasted, chopped hazelnuts.