I created my easy chocolate dipping bar using Hershey’s™ Spreads as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #SpreadPossibilities #hersheysheroes
Hershey’s® is one of my absolute favorite brands. Being a food blogger their products OFTEN appear in my recipes. So when I found out about Hershey’s® Spreads, I was dying to try them. I love chocolate spreads, it’s like peanut butter except, well, chocolate. It’s creamy, smooth and most of all soooo delicious!
Social Stars was kind enough to send me a box of these spreads as soon as they arrived my wife and sister-in-law opened one of them up. “OH MY” she said, “these are dangerously good and we have SIX OF THEM?!” It’s the holidays so she thought about ways to incorporate them into a fun unique recipe that we could bring to parties or gathering. We thought: Pretzel Brownie Bars! How yummy! We could really use the Hershey’s Spread to bring the sweet to the recipe, while the pretzels could provide a salty crunch.
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of whole wheat pastry flour
- ⅓ cup of cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp of baking powder
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of Hershey’s® Hazelnut spread
- 1 cup of Preztel stick (crushed)
- 1/ 3 cup of sugar
- 3 tbs of butter melted
- Additional Hershey’s® Spread and pretzels for topping.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Crush pretzels and mix with melted butter and sugar, press into bottom of 9×9 pan.
- Place 1 stick of butter and 1 cup of sugar into bowl and mix until combined.
- Add in the other ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Careful not to over mix.
- Spread very carefully and evenly over pretzel crust, and cook in the over for 20-25 min.
- Allow to completely cool before topping with spread and pretzels.
Let me say that these were a HUGE hit at my office party. The pretzel base was not as crunchy as I expected but did provide a nice salty flavor. Lightly crunching the pretzels on the top of the bar as a garnish really created a nice crunch. The bars did not last long and everyone wanted to know what type of ‘frosting’ I used because it was so delicious! Hershey’s® Spreads are great for easy entertaining, literally if you need a simple chocolate dip for guests, just put it in a nice bowl…..it won’t last long!
Hershey’s® Spreads come in 3 different varieties, they are:
- Chocolate with Almond
- Chocolate with Hazelnut
Remember to connect with Hershey’s® on Facebook or to learn more information about Hershey’s® Spreads and where you can buy them, click here. I purchased a few additional jars at Walmart, they were around $3.25, but remember that price will vary slightly!