Okay let me start by saying I am NOT a pumpkin fan. BUT my wife loves pumpkin, well scratch that, my entire family loves pumpkin. So we had a can of pumpkin laying around the house and I thought, well let’s make something creative with it. The result was so good, even I was eating them. The texture of the cake is amazing, the frosting, oh the frosting. It was an amazing creation and one that we will be repeating for many years to come. The other great thing about this recipe, shhhh don’t tell anyone, it only costs about $6-$7 to make!!
BONUS: Check out this delicious 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Cookie Recipe
If you notice, we added the pumpkin to the napkins to get rid of the moisture. This allows the frosting to maintain a good consistency. This took about 30 minutes and worked like a charm.
Trust me when I say it was hard to take pictures!! They were just delicious! The cream cheese really did the trick with this recipe. It made the cake so smooth.
Don’t you just want to take a bite!? I indulged and had TWO! The frosting was just so good. Creamy, sweet, with hints of pumpkin and nutmeg, it was hard not to lick the bowl!
- 1 box of spice cake mix
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ¾ can of pumpkin
- 4-6 cups of powder sugar (depending on frosting consistency
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- 1 tsp of nutmeg (or to taste)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (or to taste)
- ¼ can of pumpkin
- This can’t be more simple, to make the cupcake you will combine all ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly and transfer to cupcake pan
- Cook for 12-15 on 350 degrees
- The icing is a little more tricky. The pumpkin has a lot of moisture, so to solve that problem, we placed the ¼ can of pumpkin on some paper towels in a bowl. Within about 30 minutes, most of the moisture was out of the pumpkin.
- Then you combine all ingredients.
- Beat icing on medium until light and fluffy.
- If the icing is a little ‘soupy’ add more powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!!!
Remember to Pin it on Pinterest if you like this recipe and don’t forget to share it on Facebook!!