This post has been compensated by PERDUE®. All opinions, photos and recipes are mine alone. PERDUE® imagery used with permission #Sponsored #PerfectPortions
A good friend introduced me to sour cream chicken about 10 years ago. I have to admit that I was skeptical, would I like it, what would the texture, taste be like? Well let me tell you it was amazing and has turned into a family favorite!
As I was thinking about sharing this dish, I thought how change this recipe up and make it a little lighter. This dish traditionally uses chicken breast, so I decided to change it up and use the more flavorful cut of chicken thighs. Perdue Perfect Portion Chicken Thighs are a great option!
Next I decided to trade out some of the sour cream with Greek yogurt. The resulting dish was amazing! So flavorful, the texture of the chicken thighs worked wonderfully with the Greek yogurt and sour cream. I topped the chicken with a sleeve of buttered crackers and baked until bubbly. My family licks the bowl clean and we will definitely be making this again!
- 1 package of Perdue Perfect Portions Chicken Thighs
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 tsp of oil
- 1 sleeve of crackers
- 2 tbs of melted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp of garlic powder
- Cook chicken thighs in a skillet in oil adding in spices, this shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes
- Allow chicken to cook all the way through and slightly cool.
- Once its cool, then chop and add into a bowl, along with Greek yogurt and sour cream stirring to combine.
- Then put it into an 8½ x 11 casserole dish and top with crushed crackers. (Crush cracker and add in melted butter and stir to combine.)
- Place into oven and cook at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
I’d encourage you to connect with Perdue Chicken on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest PLUS make sure to sign up for the Perdue Crew which provides you with EXCLUSIVE access to coupons, deals and recipes! You can learn more about PERFECT PORTIONS here. Coming soon you will be able to download the eBook containing all 30 recipes for easy viewing on your computer, tablet or phone!