This post has been compensated by PERDUE®. All opinions, photos and recipes are mine alone. PERDUE® imagery used with permission #Sponsored #PerfectPortions
One of the things I have slowly worked to change Nathan’s taste buds is spicy food! When we first started dating, all he would eat was plain chicken all the time, no spice, no flavor. Being the good southern girl I am, I grew up cooking, and we aren’t shy with our spice or the heat in the south. So I began to slowly integrate and raise the level of spice I used and gave him in the meals.
After 12 years of being together I can say that why he may not enjoy the same level of spice and heat that I do, it is much more than it was 12 years ago! Using the mesquite chicken breast I decided to make a spicy chili paste sauce and sriracha sauce to add as a sauce to the mesquite chicken. The Perdue Perfect Portions Mesquite chicken is perfect for this recipe because it’s already pre-seasoned! Just add the sauce and BAM, dinner in under a have hour!
This is most certainly one of the more adventurous things I have made and placed on chicken for Nathan to try. He looked at the dish, ate a few bites and smiled and continued to eat. Success. He truly enjoyed adding this sauce and taking the chicken breast flavor to another level.
In another attempt to get my family to eat more veggies, decided to make baked zucchini rings, instead of fries or onion rings. It’s a great fun way to eat zucchini and pairs so great with the chicken recipe. I just rolled them in egg, and panko and baked them in the oven, and they were a hit!
- 1 bag of Mesquite Perdue Perfect Portions Chicken
- ½ cup of sriracha sauce
- chicken broth
- 2 tsp of honey
- ½ tbs of butter
- 1 cup of panko
- 1 small to medium sized zucchini
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- Place Chicken breast in a pan with ½ cup of chicken broth. Cook until all pink is gone.
- Meanwhile, cut one medium sized zucchini into rings.
- I used a tiny cookie cutter to cut out the middle of each ring.
- I then beat the eggs into a separate bowl, and put the panko bread crumbs into another bowl.
- This sets up a wet dry station, try and keep one hand for the dry and one for the wet.
- Roll the rings in the beaten egg, and then into the panko and place on a sprayed cookie sheet.
- Repeat until done with all rings.
- Place in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with a desired of amount of salt when hot and just out of the oven.
- In a bowl place sriracha sauce, honey, and melted butter, and stir to combine.
- You can drizzle sriracha sauce over the chicken or use it as a dipping sauce.
- But warning it will be deliciously spicy!!!
- You can add more honey or agave to temper the heat some.
I’d encourage you to connect with Perdue Chicken on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest PLUS make sure to sign up for the Perdue Crew which provides you with EXCLUSIVE access to coupons, deals and recipes! You can learn more about PERFECT PORTIONS here. Coming soon you will be able to download the eBook containing all 30 recipes for easy viewing on your computer, tablet or phone!