Now I know that some of you have significant others that don’t like veggies. For me, it would be Nate. He just refuses to eat zucchini and so am I just going to sit there and let him not eat a good quality vegetable, heck no!! I’m going to sneak it in on him every chance I get!! Here is another way to do just that!! It has a great consistency of burger with all the advantages of veggies! It has a soft texture and the burgers come out very juicy because of the veggies!
The trick to this strategy, a food processor. Nate knows I do this, but he has told me that as long as the texture is okay, he will eat it. (I love you honey!) This burger is a frugal family’s dream. Meat is expensive so let’s stretch it and make it even healthier!
Sauteé all the veggies and garlic in the oil just until wilted and let cool completely. Then pull out your food processor and process away until they are finely chopped mixture. Mix the beef, veggie mixture, egg, and oats (another frugal favorite) together along with all spices and form into patties. Cook until beef is cooked through.
Add a slice of cheese and your family will never be the wiser!! What a great mom and wife I am….okay well at least I try!! Enjoy and happy eating!
- 1 lb of lean ground beef ( I use 93/7)
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- ½ cup of oats
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp of canola oil
- ¼ tsp of red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauteé all the veggies and garlic in a little bit of oil just until they are wilted
- Let them cool completely and then place into a food processor
- Blend completely so they form a 'mixture'.
- Mix the beef, veggie mixture, egg, and oats together along with all spices and form into patties.
- Cook until beef is cooked through.
- Add a slice of cheese and buns and you're dinner is set!