10 Delicious Uses for Leftover Pumpkin Puree
Can you smell that in the air? It’s pumpkin season! Time for cozy cups of hot cocoa, bonfires, walks in the park (complete with that leaf crunch under your feet) and of course, all things pumpkin! If you are making some pumpkin-inspired recipes this fall, you might find yourself with some leftover pumpkin puree. Who wants to waste it? Here are 10 delicious uses for leftover pumpkin puree to inspire you.
1. Mix some pumpkin puree, cinnamon, vanilla extract and vanilla bean frozen yogurt or ice cream up in a blender for an awesome treat! Top with some homemade whipped topping and a dash of cinnamon for perfection.
2. Bring boring Sunday morning pancakes to life with some pumpkin puree. Add about 1/4 of a cup to your favorite mix along with a 1/2 tsp of vanilla and some pumpkin pie spice and you have a delicious breakfast creation on your hands.
3. If you love the sweet smell of pumpkin goodies, you will love this! Mix a few tablespoons of pumpkin puree with your favorite sugar scrub recipe for an amazing treat for your skin. Not only will you smell amazing, but pumpkin has some amazing benefits for the skin such as being high in vitamin A which can help sooth your skin, especially as the weather turns cooler.
4. Mix some pumpkin puree in with your favorite red pasta sauce for a savory boost in vitamins. Additionally, this is a great way to help your kids get an extra boost in their nutrition even if they don’t like the taste of pumpkin because it is virtually undetectable in red pasta sauces.
5. Add 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree with some cream cheese for an awesome dip for game days, snacks if you are really feeling adventureous, try our Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cupcakes!
6. Turn boring oatmeal into a true breakfast delight. Mix a tablespoon of pumpkin puree, brown sugar and some pumpkin pie spices into it and you have magically transformed breakfast! Try out Pumpkin Oatmeal Recipe! AMAZING!
7. Do you have a lot of pumpkin puree leftover? Make some soup with it! All you need to add is some cream, pumpkin puree, chicken or vegetable stock and some savory seasonings like onion powder, garlic and maybe some turmeric, if you like it, and you have some warm, delicious soup in no time! We really loved our Pumpkin Chicken Soup!
8. Pumpkin puree is perfect for a baby food! You can use it as a base for making meat processed food or just feed it to your baby on it’s own. It is savory, yet bland enough that most babies love it.
9. Add pumpkin puree to a chili recipe for a great new taste! It won’t be overly strong, but is awesome for color and texture.
10. Mac n’ Cheese will never be the same after you add pumpkin puree to it. It is especially great if used in baked recipes as it adds extra smoothness and helps bring out the cheese flavor in your dish.
As you can see, there are some many uses for leftover pumpkin puree! It is bland enough to add depth to your favorite dishes, but versatile enough to use in practically everything!
What are some of your favorite uses for leftover pumpkin puree? I would love to hear about it!
Looking for more delicious pumpkin bites? Check out our pumpkin recipes section!