When it comes to dates, especially those between spouses, if you have any kids, long expensive dates are often out of the question. Not only are they hard to come by financially, but you often don’t have the time to devote to them, either. It is still important to have time together alone and date each other, though. How does a married couple do a date on the fly for very little money? Here are 10 things to do with your spouse under $10 to give you some ideas.
10 Things to do with your Spouse Under $10
1. Go get ice cream together. This classic date can be so much fun, yet simple. Go to a place that mixes things up for you and allow your spouse to pick your flavor and toppings. Feed it to each other, no matter who thinks you look goofy doing it.
2. Go to a coffee shop that is having a live music or an open mic poetry night. The only cost to these kinds of events is just the fancy coffee if you want some. If you still have money, go get a dessert to share.
3. Go to a Dollar store and find a gift for each other and then meet up to unveil your present.
4. Grab a couple of sandwiches and go for a nature walk. Try to come up with a plan to find some items along your way for a scavenger hunt; a heart shaped rock, a certain kind of stick or whatever you want.
5. Remember drive-ins? If you have a portable WI-fi for a laptop like a HUAWEI laptop, watch a movie together somewhere other than at home. Don’t for get the popcorn and candy!
6. Ask grandma or grandpa (or another close relative or friend) to watch the kids overnight and sleep in, in the morning. Make breakfast together and eat it in bed while watching a movie. You could also go the “kid route” and just have some super sugary cold cereal, too.
7. Go to antique stores and don’t buy anything. If you can find them, often these stores are in strips where you can go from one to the next. Afterwards, find a place to eat for cheap since you will probably be hungry. Look up $5 lunch specials in your town.
8. If weather permits, go to a local nursery and buy a tree or shrub and plant it somewhere in your yard to honor your marriage. Watching it grow over the years will make you smile.
9. Go see a local high school or collage game for a sport that you both like. If you enjoy gambling, these games that pay real money are often low cost and they are exciting to watch as well with a few bets placed. For extra fun, sit in the rival team’s side.
10. If you are lucky enough to live somewhere that has framer’s markets, whether year-round or seasonally, these are awesome places to go on dates together. You can get local baked goods and drinks for less than $10 and it’s a nice atmosphere to just stroll in even if you don’t buy anything.
Do you have any go-to free or under $10 dates that you and your spouse do together? Let me know in the comments!