Date nights can get quite expensive if you add in movie prices, restaurant prices, and gas to wherever you are going. This summer, we decided to make a list of budget friendly date nights and are committed to going on date night at least once a week. Check out our list of 15 Budget Friendly Date Nights for this summer.
- Rent a Redbox movie. We actually do this quite often. Plus, we pull the loveseat up right in front of the TV for the drive-in movie effect, but in the comfort of our PJs and air conditioner! Grab some $1 candy from Dollar General and throw some popcorn in the microwave for a cheap date night.
- Call your local bowling alley and see what nights or days there are specials. Definitely avoid league nights!
- S’mores and hot dogs. One of my favorite things to do is to just sit out by the firepit and roast hot dogs and marshmallows. Then as it gets darker, we snuggle together and just talk. One of my favorite times together!
- Paint Pottery. Search online for a paint your own pottery I was actually surprised at how much Robert loved to do this when we tackled it over Christmas. We painted a beautiful Santa and Black Bear home décor item. We had so much fun laughing and painting together. There are many items to choose from- chip and dip sets, coffee mugs, plates, home décor items, and much more. Choose one item and do it together.
- Go to the zoo. This can be expensive so check for deals on certain days during the summer.
- Go to a matinee. If you really want to go to the theater, check out your local matinee prices. The first movie of the day or movies before 6 pm are usually your cheapest times to go. Sometimes there are specials on certain days also.
- Game night. Pick your favorite two person game and play. We love playing Yahtzee together and sometimes Monopoly. Robert can get ruthless at Monopoly so sometimes it becomes a not-so-fun date! Fix your favorite appetizers and spread them out on a table set up beside your gaming table. We just play at our kitchen table and move the apps to one side. Want to add a little spark in the romance department? Play truth or dare and choose dare more than truth! You can also elevate the fun by playing online casino games on 메리트카지노.
- Yard Sales and Flea Markets. For me, Saturday mornings are one of my favorite times together. We are early risers anyway so we are out the door by 7 am. We love yard sales and are always on the lookout for things we don’t even need! It is a fun time together though and that is the important part.
- Definitely one of Robert’s favorite things to do but I love going and taking pictures so it is a win-win for both of us.
- Fondue Night. There are so many great fondue recipes out there. Don’t have a fondue pot? They range in price from cheap to expensive but often you can find them at yard sales or online for a super cheap price. We have one for apps, one for meats, and one for dessert.
- Check out a state park. Often you can get cabins for super cheap, plus you can take your own food to cook out, and enjoy a night or two away without breaking the bank! There are often paddleboats to rent, fishing, and many other activities at a state park.
- Putt-Putt. Again, depending on how competitive your spouse is, this can either be a fun date or an “I’m going to choke him” date. Make it fun though but adding in bets at each hole- massage, one hour of whatever you want, a special dessert, etc. We also love going to the Putt-Putt places that have video games and always end the afternoon playing skeeball or some other game inside.
- Build a sheet fort or set up a tent in the living room. Remember as kids we loved making tents out of sheets and putting them all over the furniture? Believe it or not, it can be just as fun as when we were kids, especially when you are spending it with a loved one.
- Check out a local museum. Be a tourist for the day and check out the local museums. Stroll hand in hand checking everything out and learning something new together.
- Festival or Music Evening. Most towns or cities have music type festivals once a month in the evening. Grab some adirondack chairs or a blanket and go enjoy the festivities.
Sometimes with date nights we have to compromise and do something that our spouse prefers over what we really enjoy. However, the next week, it might be something you enjoy more than your spouse. Other times, it is something you both enjoy or never even realized how much you would enjoy it together. Either way, budget friendly date nights are always fun as long as you are spending it with the person you care about. Have fun!