This post brought to you by Puerto Rico, The All-Star Island. All opinions are 100% mine.
I’m a foodie and I love good food! Whether that’s watching Guy Fieri eat at crazy bizarre diners on the Food Network or exploring the off beaten path, part of vacation for my family is eating GREAT local food. So if I were to go to Puerto Rico tomorrow here are my TOP 5 MUST DOs:
5. The Beach. What’s better than the Caribbean sun and a nice family picnic on the beach? Playing in the sun, building sand castles, letting my 4 year old play in the water, the beach is always my first destination when deciding where to vacation. It’s cheap and you can do it ALL DAY and it never gets old. Just looking at the pictures from Instagram make me want to cross a Puerto Rican beach off my bucket list. I’m no expert but Carolina Beach Park and Flamenco Beach look amazing! Take a look at paradise!
4. St Germain Bistro & Café located in Old San Juan. So I’m all about value and great food. Trip Advisor and local tourism sites like SeePuertoRico.com are invaluable to a foodie because they offer authentic reviews from thousands of people! St. Germain Café is on the TOP of my list for a quick lunch. If my wife and daughter are exploring beautiful Old San Juan, I’m definitely stopping in for a pita pizza or gourmet sandwich. Just take a look at over 300 positive reviews on their Trip Advisor page.
photo courtsey of St Germain Bistro
3. Aji Dulce Viejo San Juan. When my wife and I are on vacation we really like to take advantage of the all the beautiful local sites. Only problem in doing this is that many restaurants are closed by the time we are ready for dinner. Aji Dulce Viejo San Juan serves local food, and is open late night. The pictures that customers have posted have my mouth watering, and I am sure my wife and will love every bite!
2. Nuyorican Café. My wife and I tend to be night owls. Now my wife likes to experience the nightlife scene more than I do, so when we are on a trip I try to find a place that has all the artsy, musical stuff that she likes. One such place that I found is the Nuyorican Café. It has poetry reading, jazz music, latin style dancing and gets great reviews on Trip Advisor! Little spots like this are what make vacations amazing.
1. Marmalade Restaurant and Wine Bar. I trust Trip Advisor so when a local restaurant is the #1 most recommended restaurant, I’m usually up for trying it. With over 1,700 positive reviews, it's GOT to be AMAZING. The food looks just scrumptious and matches the modern design of the restaurant. Marmalade Restaurant and Wine Bar, is the Trip Advisor Travelers Choice 2013 winner! With four and five course options the food looks amazing and the reviews just rave about this place. I’m not a local, but this restaurant is one I really want to visit!
photo courtsey of Marmalade Restaurant
Puerto Rico has SO much to offer. With 270 miles of coastline, its beaches have been featured as one of the top 10 by the Travel Channel. Whether it’s glowing like an angel when swimming in Bioluminescent Bay or exploring the only rainforest that is a US National Park, Puerto Rico will be a vacation to remember. Puerto Rico is the perfect 5-star destination for anyone looking to make amazing memories.
One big advantage when traveling to Puerto Rico: No Passport Required. Remember to visit SeePuertoRico.com and share why you want to check out Puerto Rico!
Live your own 5-star vacation story in Puerto Rico. If you were to visit Puerto Rico what would your story be?