For many people, date night signifies a time to go out and do something away from the house. It’s a chance to socialize or a chance to do something you don’t normally do in your day to day life. It’s exciting and memorable. Date night can be these things even if you don’t go out, though! Here are reasons to stay in on date night that will inspire you to get creative and add excitement into your routine! Who says you can’t get a sitter if you stay in, either?
7 Reasons to Stay in on Date Night
1. It’s cheaper. This is the most obvious reason to stay in, but it is the most compelling, too. If you rent a movie on Hulu, cook a dinner at home and do waste gas, you will save so much money in the long run. Plus, there is no need to worry about movie times and reservations, either!
2. You can be more spontaneous. With an at home date night, you can decide to change plans at the last minute without having to rearrange babysitting times, movie times, or work around a businesses busy times or open and close times. You won’t get charged for cancelling reservations or for changing your date time.
3. Any night can be a date night after the kids are in bed. You don’t even need to hire a sitter for date night at home if you don’t want to. If you kids are young enough, you could feed them their dinner and put them in bed to enjoy a late dinner with your spouse along with a movie or even playing board games together.
4. You will create memories right where you live. There is something to be said about making your home a place of memories. Sure it’s fun to make memories at a favorite restaurant, but when you can walk around your own home and remember a fun time you had with your spouse it can really enrich your home life.
5. You can be more intimate. No need to worry about PDA when you are on a date at home. You can do whatever the night leads to!
6. You can be super creative. A date doesn’t need to be something you spend a ton of money on. It doesn’t even have to be anything super fancy. A date, at it simplest meaning, is just two people who love each other making time to spend together. A date can be as simple or as involved as you want it to be at home.
7. There is no need to get dressed up unless you want to. For date nights at home, Pjs and T-shirts might be the best attire. You don’t have to wear tight around the neck button up shirts or ties pinching heels. You can just get into your most comfiest attire and veg out together for a night of relaxation and cuddling.
What is your reason for staying at home for date night? What are some of your favorite date night at home ideas? I would love to hear about them in the comments!