I love pasta, always have, always will. As a busy dad who juggles dance classes and soccer, I’m always looking for solutions that make dinner effortless. My wife knows I love Alfredo. Every year she makes it for my birthday so tonight I wanted to try and put my spin on Alfredo and make it FAST.
We got home from dance, my wife undressed Hannah and I went to work on dinner. If you aren’t familiar with Barilla’s new Pronto pasta noodles they are a huge time saver. You just put the noodles in cold water, turn on the burner and cook for 7-10 minutes. No boiling or draining water and no extra dirty dishes!
Some days I want a rich creamy pasta and today is one of those days. I threw the Pronto in the water, 7 minutes later added the cream and literally I have dinner on the table in minutes. It’s a deep, rich, nutty Pesto Chicken Alfredo. To save time and not sacrifice quality I use Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Breasts. Put them in the microwave and throw them in the sauce. Yes!
Hannah and I are so much alike and it’s cool as a dad to see your child like the same things as you do. I put the Alfredo on her plate and her eyes light up. “Daddy white sauce is my favorite!” I know honey, mine too.
If you are thinking about making a recipe that is fast, simple, delicious and easy think Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Breast and Barilla Pronto Pasta. There are so many different combinations that will allow you to have an effortless weeknight dinner. To get more inspiration, visit this amazing Pinterest board!
- Barilla Pronto Pasta
- 3 cups of chicken broth (or water)
- 4 tbsp of butter
- ¼ cup of onions
- ½ tsp of pepper
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- ½ a bag of Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Breast Strips
- 4 cups of heavy cream
- ¼ cup of pesto
- 1½ cups of Parmesan cheese
- Cook the Barilla Pronto pasta in chicken broth. The water should dissolve into the pasta or cook off, no boiling or draining required.
- Microwave the Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Breast Strips.
- Now add the chicken and the butter.
- Next add the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Next add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Now add the Parmesan cheese and pesto
- Serve warm.