Almond Chocolate Crockpot Cake
Super simple and delicious almond chocolate cake! No icing required and this cake is something your won't soon forget, moist, chocolatey and amazing. Our home gave it 6 thumbs up!
Recipe type: Dessert
- Yellow cake mix
- ½ cup of sour cream
- ½ cup of oil
- 1-2 egg or egg substitute
- ⅛ cup of water (optional)
- small bag of almonds or other nut
- chocolate chips (chocolate and white)
- Mix all the ingredients together except the almonds and chocolate chips which will go on top
- Add the eggs last. We added a little water to the mixture to make sure it was the right consistency (that is optional)
- Bake on high for about 1-2 hours. Crockpots bake different check yours after an hour. We also placed a paper towel inside the crock to trap moisture and avoid a soggy cake.
- Once the cake is finished, remove it from the crock. A crockpot sling is preferable but not required.
- Add the chocolate chips and almonds immediately and serve warm!
This is a delicious and simple recipe. It’s a crock pot cake. The best part of crockpot cakes is that you don’t have to turn on your oven. Remember, the hardest part of cooking in a crockpot is getting the cake out! This super simple recipe and most of the ingredients you will have at home in your pantry or frig!
Mix the cake together
Place paper towels on the crock so that it traps moisture and helps the cake bake.
Chop the almonds (or any nut you would like)
Add the almonds and chips to the cake. I would actually recommend you pull the cake out of the crockpot first and then add them. They will melt quickly on a hot cake, no icing needed.
It was absolutely amazing. So so delicious!
Patent solicitor says
Ah, delicious! I love almonds. and their lovely crunchiness combined with the softness of the cake below is the best thing ever.