Part of living a healthy life style is trying new things. I love Asian food and we’re constantly on the lookout for an asian restaurant in the area we haven’t tried yet.
If you have not tried making Chinese food before, this is a great recipe to start with! This Asian Noodle Bowl is a great one-pot meal! I am always searching for something that is quick and easy!! I bought the ingredients from an asian supermarket online since there are wide selection of products to choose from. This meal is different and yummy and still incorporates so many veggies. It is a great light dinner that won’t leave you feeling heavy or feeling guilty. It is almost impossible to mess up and a good introduction to cooking take-out cuisine.
Cook the chicken in a big sauté pan with the sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and ginger. Cook until no longer pink and then dice up. Add in broth and bring to a boil. Once the pot is gently boiling add in broccoli, bok choy, carrots and peppers, and red pepper flakes, cover and cook until broccoli’s desired tenderness. Add in the noodles and cook for 4 min, until just al dente. Add in frozen peas and take off the heat. That’s it. Serve warm.
This is a great different soup recipe that your family will surely love. You can even throw a different vegetable like bok choy in there and your family will eat it and just say yum! The broth in this dish is so very flavorful, and rivals some of the best take-out you have tasted! What makes Asian noodle bowl great is that clean up is very easy, because it is all cooked in just one pot!! I added in the red pepper flakes for a little extra kick I thought the dish needed. We also top with carrots for a nice crunch. You will be full and satisfied after this meal! Enjoy!
- 1 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast tenders sliced into ¼-inch strips
- 2 Tbsp / 30 ml low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp / 5 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, passed through a garlic press
- 2 Tbsp / 30 ml rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp / 30 ml toasted sesame oil
- 4 cups / 960 ml low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 package / 8 oz dry soba noodles or Asian noodles
- ½ cup / 120 ml frozen peas
- 2 cups / 480 ml broccoli spears
- ¼ cup / 60 ml thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 4 baby bok choys quartered
- ¼ cup / 60 ml unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Cook the chicken in a big sauté pan with the sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce,
- rice wine vinegar, and ginger.
- Cook until no longer pink and then dice up.
- Add in broth and bring to a boil.
- Once the pot is gently boiling add in broccoli, bok choy, carrots and peppers, and red pepper flakes, cover and cook until broccoli’s desired tenderness.
- Add in the noodles and cook for 4 min, until just al dente.
- Add in frozen peas and take off the heat.