This is a delicious blueberry french toast casserole. It is a huge crowd pleaser in our home. For breakfast, what better combination is there than fresh blueberries and french toast! Talk about yummy!
We love simplicity in our home, so this recipe is a perfect fit. Add a little powdered sugar on top and wow, a complete hit!
This is complete french toast recipe from scratch! If you looking for something different, fresh and pretty easy to make, this is it!
- 6 cups cubed, whole grain bread
- 3 Eggs
- 1¼ Egg Substitute
- 1½ cups 1% milk
- ¼ pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Powdered Sugar (Optional for decorating)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg(s), egg substitute, milk, maple sugar, extracts and cinnamon.
- Whisk well. Oil a baking dish (about 9 x 13), and fill it with the bread.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the bread and allow it to sit for at least 30 minutes, mixing once or twice to be sure all parts of the bread are moistened.
- Mix in the blueberries.
- Bake the casserole at 350 F. for about 45 minutes or until there is no longer any liquid between the bread.
- Allow to cool a bit and serve.