Caramel can be made in so many different fashions. Add some rum flavoring, or even better… Whiskey… AND vanilla bean… And your neighbors will be lined up down the street begging for you to make your special caramel sauce. Add the best caramel sauce to the words monkey bread, and well, you’re done for. Knee’s will be buckling. I use this fabulous sauce to top just about everything! From cheesecake to ice cream to monkey bread! It’s that good!
The smell of sweet and salty caramel, cinnamon, vanilla and freshly baked bread will have your family at the table counting down the seconds until it is done! The best part, this is a very simple recipe. And you’d never know it by the taste… Or smell!
So now what are you thinking? Bourbon? Vanilla bean? Ooey gooey pull apart heaven? This to die for bourbon monkey bread is only a few steps and ingredients away! Your only regret will be that you didn’t double the recipe!
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 Tbsp corn syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp bourbon or ¼ tsp rum extract
- 1 Vanilla bean pod seeded
- 1 bag of defrosted Rhodes rolls (I used the bag with 36 rolls and it was perfect)
- ½ cup sugar and ½ tbsp cinnamon mixed in a large storage plastic bag
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Mix sugar, water and syrup in a deep sauce pan and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until sauce is a deep amber color stirring occasionally to keep sides from sticking.
- Reduce heat to low, slowly add salt, butter, heavy cream, bourbon, and vanilla bean seeds and pod. Sauce will boil violently so be cautious not to add too much liquid too quickly.
- Put it together with: 1 bag of defrosted Rhodes rolls (I used the bag with 36 rolls and it was perfect), ½ cup sugar and ½ tbsp cinnamon mixed in a large storage plastic bag and 2 cups chopped pecans
- At this point preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shake each roll in the large plastic back with sugar and cinnamon to coat. Remove vanilla pod from caramel and pour a quarter of the sauce into your desired pan for baking (I used a bundt cake pan.) Now add pecans and layer on each of the cinnamon sugar coated rolls adding caramel wherever you see fit.
- Bake for 30 minutes. until golden brown or no longer doughy in the center. Allow bread to cool for 30 minutes to a hour before turning over to plate. Enjoy!
[…] with pecans and savored with bourbon this monkey bread from Wanna Bite will have neighbors lined up outside to have a bite – just like the recipe says! This is […]
[…] Wanna Bite […]
[…] Wanna Bite […]
[…] with pecans and savored with bourbon this monkey bread from Wanna Bite will have neighbors lined up outside to have a bite – just like the recipe says! This is another […]