Celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week – May 4-8, 2015
Teacher Appreciation Week seems to sneak up on us every year. I have no idea why since it is the same week every year but it does. I find cute ideas all year long and file it in the back of my mind but then totally forget as the months fly by until the weekend or night before and I am scrambling to come up with something thoughtful but budget friendly. Thankfully, we have Pinterest and tons of ideas to choose from on the various boards. One of my favorite boards that has pinned tons of cute and inexpensive ideas is Mischelle in Maui.
Teachers don’t expect parents to go all out on gifts and presents. They just want to feel like someone has noticed how hard they have worked all year long. Even a simple note from the student thanking their teacher and telling him or her how much they have learned from them this year is more than enough. Tape it to their favorite beverage or snack and you have made that teacher’s day!
Not only are teachers recognized by parents and students, many businesses and restaurants want to thank the people who are shaping the minds of our future. Here is the current list for this year for teacher discounts for this week and some businesses and restaurants extend it for the whole month of May.
- Select Food Lions Offering anywhere from a 5%-15% off groceries on Tuesday, May 5. Just show your Teacher ID!
- Staples- Receive 40% back in Rewards this week AND receive a coupon to give a colleague to use this week for 40% off in Rewards. Not a Teacher Rewards member? Be sure to sign up at http://www.staples.com
- Erin Condren – Time to order your lesson plan book or other teacher items for next year with this great 25% off coupon code through May 31. Just enter Teacher25 at check out! http://www.erincondren.com
- Chick-Fil-A- Discounts vary by location. Teachers usually receive free items or buy one, get one offers. Be sure to check with your local location to find out the deals for the week.
- Teachers Pay Teachers- Receive up to 28% off on thousands of resources. Just enter code ThankYou at check out. https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/
- CiCi’s Pizza- Hungry for Pizza on May 5? Stop by CiCi’s Pizza for a free buffet meal! Just show your Teacher ID!
- PDQ- Receive a free combo meal when you show your Teacher ID on May 5.
- McDonalds- Select McDonalds are offering free drinks, keychains for free beverages in the future, and other perks for teachers on May 5. Be sure to check out your local McDonalds to see what they are offering for teachers.
Teachers are not only appreciated during this one week in May each year. Throughout the year, many clothing stores, big box stores, restaurants, shoe stores, and more offer discounts. If you are a teacher and have your ID with you while out shopping, be sure to check with the cashier about any teacher discounts.