We love all things potatoes in our house. I try to control how much I make them, and I almost never venture to make hash browns. I have tried before but they always turn out soggy and not crispy!! Well not anymore! This cheesy bacon hash browns recipe will work for you just follow these steps. This will be the first thing to go and your family will be begging for more.
You will be amazed at yourself for making restaurant worthy hashbrowns! If you have patience and follow these directions you will have fantastic tasting potatoes!
- 1lb of freshly shredded potatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 tbs of oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tea towel
- ½ cup of cheese
- 3 cooked bacon slices crumbled
- Place oil in the skillet and place on medium-to-medium high heat. (don’t reduce the heat past medium)
- Peel potatoes and shred them either by hand with a box grater or in a food processor.
- Take your tea towel and place potatoes in there and squeeze all excess water out of the potatoes.
- When oil is almost smoking put potatoes and onion in a single layer into pan. Salt and pepper to taste. Once in there don’t mess with it.
- It is best to use a nonstick pan and when the edges are crispy brown and the potatoes wiggle in the pan easily.
- Take care and flip to the other side and let that side brown as well.
- When done place the cheese and bacon on top and allow cheese to melt.
- Serve while hot.