“This post is sponsored by Rubbermaid® Brilliance™ all opinions are my own. #LockInBrilliance “
We just moved into our new home. I must say we are feeling at home much more quickly than we had anticipated. I am not sure if its our street, my front porch, or just having our own space again but we love it. As I am going through all of our stuff that has been in storage for two years, I am realizing that some things will have to be replaced. Many of my food storage containers have gone missing, or have been broken, I have the bowl but not the lid. These things frustrate me exceedingly. So it’s time that I find a new set of food storage containers.
I began to think about and research what’s important to me when it comes to containers. I want them to be leak proof, stain resistant, sturdy, microwavable, and with my limited space I need them to stack and take up as little space as possible. There are many different options out there and I really like to do my research. But I also have had many different sets of storage containers over the years and i know that some just do not hold up to their end of the bargain. So I need something that isn’t going to leak all over my refrigerator when my 7 year old replaces the container upside down.
Now, I realize I set the bar pretty high. But I put a lot of work into the food I make, so I want a storage container that can hold its snuff to my hard work and survive kids and husbands. Well my research for the perfect container led me to Rubbermaid’s® new storage line Brilliance™. These containers are 100% leak proof, and we put that to the test in our video below. I love that they are stackable, I don’t have a lot of cabinet space in my new kitchen, and i love how these stack when they are stored, but also in the fridge.
To test this 100% leakproof ability I decided to make one of our favorite soup recipes Cheesy Taco Soup. This soup is like taco Tuesday in a bowl. So good. It’s super simple, and made in the crockpot, so you can set it and forget it for four hours. When its complete, store it in your Rubbermaid® Brilliance™ containers and enjoy these leftovers!
The Brilliance containers are made from BPA Free plastic, dishwasher, microwave and freezer safe. They resist stains, and odor so I will be able to use them for a long time to come. They are splatter resistant and have built in vents for microwaving. I have been using these for quite and while now and I am very impressed. Give Rubbermaid® Brilliance™ storage containers a try!
- 1lb of cooked ground beef, use your favorite taco seasoning when cooking.
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 can of tomatoes with diced chili’s
- 1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 small bag of frozen corn
- ¼ cup of chopped garlic
- 1 box of chicken stock
- 1 tbs of chili powder
- ½ tbs of cumin
- 3Tbs of All Purpose Flour
- 1½ cups of cheese
- 1 cup of heavy cream or milk
- Brown ground beef with your favorite taco seasonings, and I added an onion and some garlic to mine. Add into crockpot with onion, pepper, tomatoes, beans, corn, additional garlic, and chicken stock. Cook on high for four hours. Stir together cream and flour, and then stir into crockpot mixture. Add in the cheese and stir to combine. Allow to cook for 20 min more. Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, top with salsa, avocado, or whatever you heart desires!