This is a delicious Chocolate Chip Lemon Crockpot Cake. First let me say that you absolutely CAN bake in a slow cooker. This cake was made in the crockpot, with a nice nearly crispy outer crust. The lemon really came out and the chocolate chips were all melted (it’s delicious to eat warm!). If you are unsure how to make a crockpot cake, follow the instructions and you’ll have a simple easy cake!
- Two lemons. (Squeeze the juice of both lemons into the cake also great appeal of one of the lemons into the cake)
- Half a cup of sour cream
- Half a cup of oil
- One yellowcake mix
- One egg or ¼ cup of egg whites
- ⅓ cup of water
- One cup of chocolate you
- Cook on low 4 to 5 hours or until the cake is done with a toothpick comes out clean
- The glaze is very simple to make. First great the lemon peel into the bowl and then squeeze the entire lemon for it's juice into the bowl.
- Then add powdered sugar until is arrives at the desired consistency
- When you use a sling it will take slightly longer to cook even on high. Be careful if you cook this on high because the edges may slightly burn! Enjoy!
Super simple to make! First grate the lemon peel into the pan.
Next juice the lemon and place it into the pan.
Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Create a crockpot sling, and spray it with non-stick spray. Learn how to create a crockpot sling here
Place into crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until the cake is done. (To see if the cake is completely cooked thorough, use a toothpick in the middle)
Cover the crock to avoid moisture fall back and a soggy cake
The glaze is super easy!
Grate the peel into a bowl and then squeeze the lemon juice into the bowl.
Add powdered sugar until the desired consistency is reached
Remove from the crockpot
Enjoy! This recipe is only for people that LOVE lemons! The lemon could be replaced with limes, pineapples or oranges! The recipe originally was posted on our old blog Let’s Get Crockin’. It now lives here on WannaBite!