So it’s hard to resist chocolate and I love peanut butter. So when I made this butter cream imagine eating a Reese’s Peanut Butter cup flavor frosting….seriously. I wanted to eat this entire spoon of frosting.
The dark chocolate cupcakes paired perfectly with this frosting and OMG, it’s amazing. Using mini chocolate chips as a garnish it really was a hit at the office. The trick to this recipe is being careful with the chocolate chips. You’ll need to melt them, but don’t ever add something hot to butter cream frosting, it will break it.
Adding in the peanut butter makes the butter cream frosting even more creamy, but the melted chocolate chips make this finger and spoon lickin’ good. This is one of my top five favorite frosting and if you love chocolate and peanut butter together, seriously, try this!
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did, it’s incredible.
- ½ of chocolate chips MELTED, then cooled until barely warm to the touch
- ¼ cup of coco powder
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- 2 ½ cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp of milk
- 2 sticks of butter (room temperature)
- Cream your butter, then combine with sugar, coco powder and milk.
- Next slowly melt your chocolate chips in the microwave, at 15 second increments. Let cool so it's barely warm to the touch.
- Add the melted chocolate and peanut butter to the mixture and combine throughly.