This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hass Avocados. All opinions are 100% mine.
I’ve always loved avocados. Growing up, I remember my mother just picking them off the trees and when I lived in Central America, you could just find them in the streets. From guacamole to sandwiches I eat avocados in so many different ways. They are a great source of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients(they contain almost 20).
This afternoon I decided to make a classic chicken salad recipe. I often will cube avocados and put them inside the salad and today was no different. They add such a rich creamyness to it, it’s hard not to enjoy it. I’m a big believer in eating quality food and we know that avocados have great natural fats and are cholerestol free.
When shopping for avocados, I try and find Hass. They care about their product and in this case, you can see that care. Just look at the avocados, full of rich colors.
Avocados contain naturally good monounsaturated fat. Naturally good fats are an important part of a healthy diet.
Fresh avocados are cholesterol and sodium free, making them a satisfying and enjoyable snack.
Each one-ounce (one-fifth of a medium avocado) serving contains:
– 8% DV fiber 1 oz. serving
– 4% DV potassium per 1 oz. serving (one-fifth of a medium avocado)
– 2% DV iron per 1 oz. serving
– 81 mcg lutein & zeaxanthin
– Less than 1 gram sugar
Trust me, add an avocado to your meal. It’s a solid fruit that will make the meal taste better and give fantastic health benefits. Find some inspiring avocado recipes at Love One Today.
Watch the video in this post and leave a blog comment about a fun fact the video mentioned! The giveaway is open until midnight on November 21st.
The winner will receive a $50 Visa Gift Card from Hass!
- shredded chicken meat of a rotisserie chicken
- ½ cup of plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup of light mayo
- 2 tbs of oil
- ½ bunch of cilantro chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 whole dill pickle finely chopped
- 2 sprigs of rosemary diced
- 4 sage leaves diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Avocado diced
- Remove all chicken from the bone and finely chop.
- Place oil into a hot skillet over medium high heat.
- Place chicken in pan and saute for 3-4 minutes until slightly crispy.
- Allow chicken to completely cool.
- Mix chicken with all other ingredients.
- Top with Avocado when serving.