There is nothing better than curling up with a good bowl of soup, or hot cup of coffee on a cold winter’s day. It has suddenly gotten cold here in Kentucky. We have enjoyed 70 degree weather almost through Thanksgiving! I love it.
But alas it does not last forever and true sweater weather is here, its time for leggings, and boots. By leggings, I mean leggings, come one folks, pantyhose do not count, so do yourself a favor and make sure they aren’t see through. LOL.
One of our favorite places to go is Olive Garden. I absolutely love their Pasta Fagioli soup. It’s basically a meal in and of itself. A big bowl of that soup with some cheese and crusty bread and all it right with the world. I decided that I wanted to make it home. I must admit it can be hard to recreate your favorite dishes at home but I think this recipe is pretty spot on. Give it a try and I hope you love it as much as we did!
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 lb of Italian Sausage
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 box of chicken broth
- 2 16oz cans of tomatoes
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of basil
- ¾ tsp of thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 15oz can of kidney beans
- 1 15oz can of great northern beans
- 2 cups of ditalini pasta
- In a heavy pot, put the oil and sausage together in the pot and allow sausage to brown.
- Add in onion, celery, garlic and cook until onion is translucent.
- Put in broth, tomatoes and the rest of the spices.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in beans and pasta and cook until pasta is tender.