So easy a caveman could do it! Crockpot apple sauce is super simple to make and so yummy that it will have you coming back for more!
Recipe type: Side Dish / Dessert
- 2-3lbs of apples (6-8), peeled and cut into small cubes (do not include the core)
- 1 cup of Simply Apple (or pure apple juice)
- 1 tbsp of Stevia (calorie free)
- ½ tsp of cinnamon or a stick of cinnamon
- Combine all the ingredients (make sure to peel the apples)
- Cook on high for around 4 hours on low.
- Remove the apples and place into a bowl, remember to leave the excess liquid in the crockpot, the apples will have absorbed much of the liquid
- Remove the cinnamon stick
- Blend the apples with a hand blender until they are smooth.
- Eat warm or cool!
This is a delicious Crockpot Applesauce Recipe. It’s simple, homemade and fresh. I never thought I would like applesauce warm, but it’s amazing. If you have a slow cooker and love applesauce, thy this recipe, you’ll love it! (Plus it’s all-natural!) We used about 8 small apples and Stevia (no calories), simple apple and a cinnamon stick. If you don’t have a cinnamon stick, use 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
Make sure to peel the apples so they have absolutely no skins. I added the cinnamon stick for taste!
Add 1 cup of Simply Apple or pure apple juice and stevia and cook on low for around 4 hours
Remove the apples and leave the excess liquid in the crockpot
Blend until you have a desired consistency with a hand blender
Enjoy! This was some of the BEST applesauce I have ever had in my life!
Could this recipe be made with honey instead of Stevia?
Yes, we use Stevia all the time.
We make applesauce all the time without any added sweetener. Kind of a sweet-tart flavor. Love it! Thanks for the tip about using a crockpot-great idea!
Are we supposed to cook it on high or low for 4 hours? Your instructions say both 🙂
I’ve made this before cooking on high. If you cook on low, it will take about an hour or so longer.
Hi, if I want to double the recipe how would I do so? For how long?