We absolutely love Chinese food in our house; so much so we can pretty much order our favorites by memory. I love this Crockpot Chicken Teriyaki recipe so much we have taken chicken teriyaki off our normal takeout must haves and with a recipe this quick and easy, why not?
Four hours in my crock pot and fifteen minutes for the rice in the rice steamer and dinner is all but done. With the time in the crock pot the sauce has had the time to permeate the chicken with all the encompassing flavors.
We love to double this recipe so we can have lots of leftovers for lunch the next day! We enjoy adding a little sriracha to the mix for a little extra heat and variety. Who doesn’t enjoy a little spice?
Crockpot Chicken Teriyaki
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 lb of Chicken cut into bite size pieces
- ½ cup of teriyaki sauce or marinade
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- l teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Sesame Seeds (optional)
- In your crock pot combine all the ingredients with the exception of the cornstarch. Cook on high for four hours or low for six hours.
- When you are ready to serve remove the cooking liquid and place in a sauce pan with the corn starch to thicken the cooking liquid into a sauce for the chicken.
- Add the chicken to the pan and toss to coat.
- Serve with steamed broccoli and brown rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.