This is a delicious Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe made in a crockpot!! As you can see the crust is nice and brown (exactly what I like) and the center of the cake is just perfect. We added a little glaze on top and bam, a yummy delicious treat without ever turning on the oven!
Crockpot Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1½ cups of HeartSmart Bisquick (or low fat biscuit mix)
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup of yogurt or sour cream
- ⅛ cup of HeartSmart Bisquick (or low fat biscuit mix)
- ⅛ cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- add milk until desired consistency is achieved (in our case it was around 1 tablespoon)
- Add the bisquick, eggs sugar and vanilla and mix the batter thoroughly and set aside
- Now mix together the three ingredients for the streusel
- Now spray the crockpot with non-stick spray
- Add about one third of the batter to the crockpot, and then add streusel and cover the batter.
- Now add the remaining batter and cover again with the streusel.
- Set your crockpot on HIGH for 1½ - 2 hours. If a toothpick comes out clean it's done!
Add the Bisquick, eggs, sugar and vanilla for the batter.
Stir the batter until it looks something like this
Now combine the three ingredients for the Streusel
Add about a third of the batter to the crock pot, then add the Streusel, then add more batter, then add more Streusel. Repeat until you don’t have any more batter (I had extra Streusel)
Enjoy!! It was delicious!
if you use you slow cooker a lot you should check out the http://lidpocket.com/ I love my lid pocket it holds the lid for the slow cooker.. hands free.. saves space.. it is great
Yo, that’s what’s up trflluuhty.
David Costin says
So when do I add the yogurt? Why is my mix so crumbly? Im gonna make a double batch because it doesnt look like very much at all. Will change to 5 stars if this recipe is fixed.
the amount of streusel sounds very small, no way 1/4 cup of streusel would cover the batter twice unless you are using a very small crockpot. what size crockpot are you using?
Johanna, I agree the amount of crumble was too small, so I doubled it. Other than that I was happy with this recipe.
Sandie Kath says
Does any one know what size crock pot this recipes takes.
I would love to know what size crockpot also please let us know