I loved mashed potatoes, but during big events like Christmas or Easter, we never seem to have enough burners. The potatoes take forever and I hate to let them get cold. So we have learned that our crockpot is the perfect solution. Delicious mashed potatoes that stay warm and out of the way! If you want a delicious recipe that doesn’t sacrifice taste, try your mashed potatoes in a slow cooker! You’ll be impressed!
- 5 pounds of potatoes
- 1 stick of butter + ½ stick of button
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 3 oz of Velveeta cheese
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- Cut your potatoes and add to the crockpot
- Add water to the crockpot until the potatoes are covered
- Add ½ stick of butter to the crockpot, cover and cook on high for 5 hours.
- Once the potatoes are softened, strain and place into a mixing bowl
- Add butter, milk, sour cream and velveeta cheese. Mix with a mixer until smooth. If needed add more milk or cream.
- Add the spices and transfer back to the crockpot to keep warm until served.
Cut your potatoes into squares. Try to keep them relatively consistent but it’s not critical.
Add potatoes to the crockpot and then cover with water. Add butter to the crockpot
The more potatoes you add, the longer it will take to cook.
Once the potatoes are soft, strain the potatoes, place in a mixing bowl and add your ingredients and blend.
Add back into the crockpot to keep warm until serving.