CrockPot Pasta Sauce
This versatile sauce can be used in spaghetti, lasagna, and even pizza! The possibilities are endless.
Author: Lacy Engels
Recipe type: Main Meal
- 8 15oz cans of crushed tomatoes
- 2 jars of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 tbs of dried oregano
- 2 tbs of dried basil
- 1tbs of thyme
- 1 tbs of onion powder
- 1 tbs of dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tbs of garlic powder
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 1lb of ground beef
- 1 pound of light life veggie crumbles
- 1 cup of frozen onions
- 1 cup of frozen green peppers
- 2 zucchini
- 2 packages of mushrooms
- 1 squash
- 1 tbs of oil
- 1 tbs of salt halved
- Turn crockpot on High
- Empty all cans and jars of sauce into crock
- Add in seasonings
- Press or mince garlic and add it in
- Stir to combine
- Add in brown sugar and stir
- Lastly add in salt
- Let mixture cook for 4-6 hrs on high
- Stir occasionally and depending on your crock you may need to adjust the temp to low for the last two hours.
- In a food processor, or you can leave them chunky add in squash, zucchini and mushrooms, Using the shredding disk shred all the veggies
- Add in onions and peppers and all veggies with oil
- Saute until soft and add in meat and veggie crumbles
- Cook until ground beef is completely cooked through
- Add meat into the sauce.
This is a delicious crockpot pasta sauce recipe. It is our tried and true sauce base for many different things. It can double as a pizza sauce or a spaghetti sauce. Putting the meat sauce in the slow cooker really sets off the flavors. They have time to cook. You truly must try this recipe. It’s delicious and will make your Italian heart sing. So let’s get cooking, first we have the tomatoes.
This sauce is so versatile! You can do anything you want with it, I would make this over and over again. This was probably the best sauce i have ever made, it was so darn good!