WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
This recipe & post are written Nathan’s sister Tiffany!
This year, for her birthday, a friend of mine decided to have a birthday party *potluck* picnic! She said that not only would it be a great time for everyone to enjoy the Springtime at a park, it could be time for everyone to finally try out one of those recipes they’ve pinned on Pinterest! Such a wonderful idea. Learn more vegetarian ideas at this plant based magazine website.
If you haven’t already figured out by the title of this post, I found a delicious Veggie Pizza recipe! I pinned the recipe from allrecipes.com and used it to inspire me to create my own! If you’d love to follow me on Pinterest, I’m always pinning!!
The veggie pizza seemed to be a hit at the birthday party potluck picnic! Though unfortunately it ended up raining (AND spitting a little snow too – is this winter ever going to let up!?!), but the party was seamlessly moved inside. We played games while enjoying wonderful company and food.
- Crescent roll dough
- 1 block cream cheese
- ½ mayonnaise
- ½-1 packet of dry Ranch dressing
- 1 head of raw broccoli
- 6-8 Baby tomatoes
- ¼ cup of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- ½ of a green, orange and red bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Roll out the crescent roll dough onto a 9x13 inch baking sheet, and pinch together edges to form the pizza crust. Just make sure you actually pinch the triangular pieces together all the way
- Bake crust for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Once finished cooking, remove crust from oven and let cool 15 minutes without removing it from the baking sheet. I was in a rush (as it seems I always am) so I only let it cool for maaaaaybe 5 minutes
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and dry Ranch dressing. Spread the mixture over the cooled crust. Arrange broccoli, tomato, green bell pepper, cauliflower, shredded carrots, and Cheddar cheese over the cream cheese layer. Chill for one hour, slice and serve.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
Here is where I made the most changes. I don’t like using mayo in general, so I switched the mayo to plain greek yogurt. I was slightly worried that people would be able to taste the greek yogurt, but it did not seem to be noticeable at all. I also used different vegetables. I wanted to use veggies I already had in my fridge because, I hate letting food in the fridge expire before I have a chance to use it which seems to happen on a regular basis with veggies and milk…. Anyway, I ended up using chopped spinach, asparagus, red & orange sweet snacker peppers, and broccoli. I almost went with the green bell pepper as the recipe suggested, but I’m glad I didn’t because they were sweeter AND I liked the colors better. This vegetable pizza was inspired by my favorite GTFO its vegan cheese pizza.