I used to make frittatas and quiches ALL the time. I love breakfast for dinner. But as usual the hubs started to complain about it, good grief, so it had been a LOOONG time since I made breakfast for dinner. So one afternoon I was thinking to myself, what in the world am I going to make? I decided it was time to revive my hashbrown quiche recipe! But I wanted to make it in such a way that I could get my healthy portion in but also please the pickiest of eaters in my family. No one in our family I know refuses a potato.
This hash brown quiche was a mouthful of deliciousness, crispy crunchy potatoes on the bottom and filling of cheese, egg, bacon and spinach. It was a belly filling yummy meal! Your family will love this and you will feel good about serving it to them. The main thing that I loved about this meal is that it was all in one pan! Yes, less clean up!
Add a few homemade biscuits and you’ve got a breakfast for dinner you won’t forget! This delicious easy spinach hash brown quiche will really hit the spot!!
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- 2 oz. of spinach
- 2 potatoes shredded
- 2 pieces of nitrite free bacon
- 1 onion
- 1 cup of cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using your food processor or box grater, grate the potatoes.
- In a large skillet place the two pieces of bacon and cook until crispy.
- When bacon is cooked squeeze the potatoes in clean tea towel to remove as much moisture as you can.
- Place the potatoes in the pan with the bacon grease and the chopped onion. (I did say yum right?)
- Make sure the potatoes are in a single layer and don’t fuss with them once placed, let them crispy up on the bottom.
- Now the trick part is turning it in about 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
- I used two spatulas, and turned with edges started to get brown.
- You will want to preheat your oven now to about 400 degrees.
- While the other side is crisping up go ahead and whisk the eggs and milk together adding in desired amount of salt and pepper.
- When the edges of the second side start to brown, place the spinach on top of the hash browns, and then pour the egg mixture over it.
- Top with cheese and place into the oven and cook until quiche is firm and tooth pick come out clean.